Chinese Martial Arts Novel Is to Be Published in English

livia

Publish: 2017-12-13 10:55:22

A novel written by famous martial arts novelist Jin Yong, which is called Chinese version Game of Thrones and Chinese version The Lord of the Rings, is to be translated and published in English.

martial arts: 武术 [wǔ shù]
martial arts novel: 武侠小说 [wǔ xiá xiǎo shuō]

The English translation of Legends of the Condor Heroes is to be published in 2018 in four volumes, and the first volume, named A Hero Born, will be published by the British Press in February.

Legends of the Condor Heroes: 射雕英雄传[shè diāo yīng xióng zhuàn]
A Hero Born: 英雄的诞生 [yīng xióng de dàn shēng]

Chinese martial arts fiction fans are interested in how the movements in wu shu will be translated. Well, it is said that the most famous movements in the novel 降龙十八掌 is translated into "The 18 palm attacks to defeat dragons".

And the first time when the actor Guo Jing and Actress Huang Rong has met is translated as following:
——“我还没问你的名字,”他笑着说。“是的,我们都忘了。我姓郭名靖,意为平静。你呢?”
——我姓黄名蓉,意思是莲花。
—“I didn’t ask you your name,” he said and smiled. “Yes, we forgot. My family name is Guo, my given name Jing, meaning Serenity. And you?”
“My family name is Huang, my given name Rong, meaning Lotus.”

Make progress in your Chinese study and be able to read Chinese text as soon as possible, try our 1-on-1 customized Chinese course online .

Comments(0)
批量上传需要先选择文件,再选择上传

上一个 下一个